Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration

I started off my day by getting on CNN to watch the inauguration live. Or anyways, that's how I intended to start off my day. What actually happened was a lengthy battle with the computer. I wound up getting to see some of the inauguration, but the computer was really going out of its way to be troublesome. So I said "You know, this is going to be replayed at PCC. Why don't I just head over there?" So, I did.

Needless to say, it was quite nice to watch the inauguration at PCC, and see my fellow students there. Not only that, but since dropping that poetry class, I don't even have class Tuesdays. So, I didn't have to worry about whether it would interfere with class schedule. 

There was  also some special celebration stuff going on at PCC. One of the things was that the campus library had moved some of its stuff out to the celebration area, so you could check out books there. I didn't take too close a look, but I think the books they had there were mostly on topics such as freedom, our history, and stuff like that. Also, there were prizes there. And guess what I won? A gift card worth about $50 at some local chocolate place! Is that nice, or what? :) It was one of the grand prizes.

Still, $50 worth of chocolate doesn't compare to having a decent president!

No comments: