Monday, January 12, 2009

Untied Dyslexic Church of Dog!

I was sorta bored, was thinking about dyslexia, so I decided - why not blog about it?

I'm dyslexic. Luckily I don't have it as bad as some people do. There was a woman in my group vocal class last term who told me she was failing classes due to dyslexia! Wow. Luckily I'm not nearly that bad. Still, I do have some problems.

I try to look on the good side of dyslexia. You're probably asking, "A good side to dyslexia? You've gotta be kidding." No, I'm not kidding. I've found anagrams, thanks to dyslexia. I'll be sitting there trying to figure out how "evil" fits into a sentence, only to suddenly realize that the word is actually "veil." In a way it's annoying, but it can also be sort of cool.

Then there are the not so cool things about dyslexia.

For example, taking notes in class. I may be wanting to write "paper due Mon." Instead, I might write something like "paper deu Mon." or "paper Mon. due" or some weird combination of the two. I mostly laugh it off when I do some silly mistake like that, but it can still get annoying.

Then there's math. I don't know how I manage the great grades I get in it.

But at least my dyslexia isn't hurting my grades at all, and it's certainly not making me fail classes. So, I guess I can't complain much, even if it's frustrating. But when it is getting frustrating, I can find that remembering my favorite dyslexic jokes can help. Such as...

Q: What does an agnostic dyslexic insomniac stay up late thinking about?

A: The existence of Dog!

I'm also an insomniac, by the way, so this joke hits two of my problems. lol :P

No comments: