Saturday, January 3, 2009

Voices in Verse

I went to a poetry reading this morning, and brought three poems to read. Or anyways, I meant to bring three poems. I got there and discovered that I had accidentally brought a copy of "Frosty the Snowman" in place of a poem I wanted to read. Oops.

One of the poems I shared was in the wonderful book, "Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons," by Bill Waterson. Yes, it's a "Calvin and Hobbes" book. Watterson wrote two poems (I think) that appeared in his "Calvin and Hobbes" comic strip. The one I read today is on page 16 of the afore mentioned book. 

Hey, the spell checker thinks "afore" isn't a word! Well, guess what? It is a word!! You can take a look at it in the dictionary. :P 

Anyways...sorry, got a little side tracked there. Back to the topic now.

Tall One shared a poem that he wrote, which is always a treat. And of course, other people shared poems, some of which they'd written, some of which they hadn't. Mom was also there, but she hadn't brought anything.

I first started going to this poetry group in Fall term 2007, while I was taking the a poetry class. Soon enough, I decided it was so much fun that I had to drag mom and Tall One along to one of the meetings. Now they're as hooked as I am. :)

Ah, the joys of poetry!

No comments: