Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Chieftains

I'll try to keep this short, since I have schoolwork to do.

I went to see the Chieftains last night. Oh. My. Gosh. You know, I'd never heard their music before. However, my mom said it was something I couldn't miss, and so surprised me with tickets for both Tall One and myself. So, I found myself going to see them last night.

They are amazing. I love them! I have a new favorite band!!!

I think the reason my mom found out about them coming to Portland was because one of our favorite pipe bands, Portland Metro, wound up sharing the stage with the Chieftains last night. (You can see a you tube video of Portland Metro Pipe Band here.) The Chieftains did two songs with Portland Metro, one of which was the encore.

I want to talk about the performance, but I don't even know where to start! So, I guess I'll just leave it at saying it was amazing, and get on to schoolwork.

No comments: