Saturday, February 21, 2009

Exam stuff

Remember the other day I was posting English notes, under the theory that the more ways/times you write things down the more likely you will be to remember them? Well, I'm at it again. Same subject - English. This time, though, I'm trying to match authors to the stories they've written. Some of them I have no problem with. I know "The Old Man and the Sea" and "A Clean, Well-Lighted Place" are by Hemingway! However, some of them I'm having trouble with, so here it is!

"Greasy Lake" by T.C. Boyle

"Araby" by James Joyce

"Sonny's Blues" by James Baldwin

"Parable of the Prodigal Song" Biblical

"Cathedral" Raymond Carver

"The Chrysanthemums" by John Steinbeck

"The Old Man and the Sea" by Ernest Hemingway

"The Yellow Wallpaper" by Charlotte Perkins Gilman

"A Rose for Emily" by William Faulkner

"Barn Burning" by William Faulkner

"Saboteur" by Ha Jin

"The Death of Ivan Ilych" by Leo Tolstoy

"A Clean, Well-Lighted Place" by Ernest Hemingway

"A Good Man is Hard to Find" by Flannery O'Connor

"Parker's Back" by Flannery O'Connor

"The Metamorphosis" by Franz Kafka

"The Tell-Tale Heart" by Edgar Allan Poe

"Everyday Use" by Alice Walker

"A Pair of Tickets" by Amy Tan

"Young Goodman Brown" by Nathaniel Hawthorn

"The Lottery" by Shirley Jackson

"To Build a Fire" by Jack London

...now maybe I'll repeat this exercise on facebook...or maybe I'll go back to my flashcards...or maybe I'll vacuum...

2 comments:

Madam Lost said...

The vacuuming didn't get done. She has one long haired black kitty who lives to shed -- I mean really shed. Of course, by the time our college girl vacuums the living room and makes it to the back of the house, the living room already needs vacuuming. Last house had gray carpet so the cat hair didn't show so much -- the fir needles did though and with three dozen mature Douglas Fir trees near the house you needed to re-vacuum every time someone walked through the door. It really got "fun" when the large fir trees tried to free the little fir the one and only time we brought a Douglas Fir inside for at Christmas.

Sarita said...

Mother....I have an exam this Monday!