Wednesday, March 4, 2009

At the bus stop

Not too much exciting to report from today. Well, unless you count a car breaking down.

I was waiting at a bus stop, and there was this old car that broke down in the middle of the road. Not only that, but it was right up near the front of the left hand turn lane, in a fairly major intersection. Ouch. So, I got to watch cars do interesting dances around it, trying to get where they were going.

After a little while (my bus sorta took a while to show up...I think I'd gotten times mixed up...) some people who were evidently buddies of the poor woman in the car showed up. What did they do? As soon as the left turn light turned green, they pushed the car through the intersection, to where it was out of the way.

From there, I don't know what they did - they pushed it out of my sight. But I was impressed, seeing them push it. Sure, it was three strong men, but still.

Now, I probably need to get to chores. The dishes are waiting to be done, and the trash needs to be taken out. No point procrastinating any more, I guess. (Mom, if you're reading it, please disregard that last sentence.)

No comments: