Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I'm a published poet!

Guess what I got in the mail after I wrote my post on Monday? Six free copies of the April edition of Cricket - that's the edition the editor said my poem "Mehndi" would be published in. Oh, my gosh. I'm a published poet now!!!

It is so fantastic. This is my first publication, and it's in my all time favorite magazine. Oh, and guess what? Not only am I getting paid (which I understand is unusual) but I'm getting paid exactly $42. Not a penny more, not a penny less.

WARNING: Spoiler for "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" books by Douglas Adams. I figured it was only fair to give a warning.

Anyways, so those who are familiar with these books will know that the answer to life the universe and everything is 42, but that the question to that answer is unknown. Well, I believe I have found the question, and it is this: What happens when your first published poem appears in Cricket? OH MY GOSH....and I only caught on to how well the name of the magazine fits that question...LOL Oh my gosh...

Anyways. It's cool I'm getting paid, but it wouldn't be nearly so cool if it were like $42.99 or even a nice round $50.

1 comment:

Sarita said...

I must have been on a sugar high when I wrote this post.