Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring break

Spring break is here! It's so nice to not have to deal with homework! ...of course, by the end of break, I'll be going crazy and wanting that homework. :P That's just the way I am, and the way things always go.

Today I headed over to the library to mend books. That's one of the things I do as a volunteer. Well, as I was going into the library, I ran into the woman who's in charge of volunteers in the circulation area. Long story short, I had asked if I could do some extra hours a few months back, but apparently communication got confused and it didn't happen. So, today, she took the opportunity of being face to face to me (rather than having to deal with e-mail) to ask me if I'd like to do more hours pulling holds or whatever. I said "Well, with my schedule next term, I really won't be able to. But, I'm free all this week..." She was quite delighted and told me that they could really use the help.

So, that'll give me something that'll force me to get up every morning. Seriously, if I don't have something to make me get up, I'll likely sleep in until noon.

Ok...seriously, as I'm writing this post, I just found out that my grandmother died this afternoon. Please, forgive any gramarical or spelling errors, becuase I really don't feel like checking them. I wasn't even close to her, she lived in the southern states while I'm in the northwest, she's been ready for death for a long time, we virtually never talked on the phone, but...it's strange, suddenly having one less grandparent alive.

No comments: