Tuesday, March 31, 2009

WES

Have I mentioned before that I'm taking 18 credits this term? Well, I am, and it means this: I think I'll be trying to keep my posts briefer.

I take mass transit to and from school, and today I took the WES for the first time. Anyone familiar with our local mass transit knows that WES is brand new, and in fact it only became open to the public on February 2nd. (Why has that date stuck in my head? Why can't dates always stick in my head like that in history classes?) So, when I stepped on the WES today, my immediate impression was...new. Seriously. It smelled new. Really. Wow. It was a smooth ride, and I could definitely get used to riding it. I just hope the sound problem gets solved in - Wilsonville, is it? 

Thing is, the WES goes through a residential area, horn blazing, in the early hours of the morning. Naturally, the residents are not pleased. So there I was on the WES at like 8am, going by a neighborhood, with the horn blazing, and I couldn't help but feel so sorry for the residents. I mean, I'd read about the problem before, but now I've actually seen with my own eyes just how close the WES is to those houses. It's a problem, and it needs to be solved, though I don't know what the solution is.

Anyways, I should probably finish up this post about now, and get back to math homework. Agh. I am so not a fan of math, but oh well. So long as I actually know what I'm doing it isn't too bad. Now, if I'm stuck on something, then it gets nasty. So, hopefully I won't hit any problem spots that are bad this term!

No comments: