Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Wonderful ADHD

I have a school assignment that's due tomorrow. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble focusing on it. Yeah, it's one of those days when my ADHD is really making things tough. Agh. I'll manage, though, one way or another.

I've been using a particular trick to help me focus: audio books. Believe it or not, listening to an audio book I know inside and out actually helps me focus. I focus on reading or writing - whatever I'm doing for school - and catch snippets of the audio book. This will result in me laughing at odd times, when there's something amusing in the audio book. Of course, this particular trick can also backfire, and leave me hanging on every word of the audio book and not paying any attention to my schoolwork. Then, I have to pry myself away from the story, and find some other trick to use.

Today I've been listening to "Sabriel" by Garth Nix. I love his books! They are so fantastic. "Sabriel" is first in Nix's "Abhorsen" trilogy. If you haven't read it, you should. For ages I was checking out the audio books from the library to listen to. Then, mom gave me "Sabriel" for Christmas. :) Needless to say, I was very happy.

Ok, I should probably get back to schoolwork now. Agh. Sometimes I get really irritated with my ADHD. At least the schoolwork is on a topic I love. That may make things easier for me.

ps. Did you know that the spellchecker doesn't think that ADHD is a word?? Ok, so it's not exactly a word, but I'd still expect a spellchecker to recognize it.

pps. As of today, my Quote a Day blog has two followers other than my mom. Wow. Surprised me.

No comments: