Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

Mom and Tall One have been out of town for the last few days, at one of the Highland Games. No, they're not just hanging out -- Tall One plays the bag pipes and was there for competition. I would have gone with them, but that would have meant skipping some classes. :( Darned classes, getting in the way of my musical life. Ah well. There'll be other Highland Games I can go to, later on in the season.

I love seeing the competitions, and drooling over the jewelry that the vendors have for sale. :P There are all kinds of competitions at the Highland Games. There are various piping competitions, dance competitions, and athletic competitions. You kind of have to pick and choose what you want to see, though, because you can't see everything at any one Highland Game. Maybe that's part of the fun, though, is that there's so much going on.

Mom and Tall One will get back home this evening. Do you know what that means? Yep, I'm in charge of the Easter preparations. You might be wondering "why isn't her dad helping her?" He has medical and mobility problems and doesn't tend to do much. So, I'm tackling this by myself.

And yeah, I know I'm Pagan. But mine is an interfaith family, in which we celebrate both the Christian and the Pagan holidays. And if you think about it, the Christian holidays are pretty much just the Pagan holidays with a bit of a different slant on them. I mean, Easter and Ostara are both about rebirth!

ps. My spell checker doesn't like Ostara and there'll. Ok, so "there'll" isn't actually a word, but I'm not changin' it.

No comments: