Thursday, June 25, 2009

One Pagan's thoughts on math

"Sorry, but I'm a math atheist. You can't make me take this class." lol Ok, no, that's not what I wanted to blog about. But it came to mind as I was sitting down to type this. :P

So on to what I really was thinking in math class today.

Believe it or not, this is what suddenly occurred to me: that it is similar to religion and spirituality. The teacher was explaining two different ways to do a problem, and emphasized that they both work, and get you to the same place.

That's how I feel about religion/spirituality. Yeah, there are different paths, you'll pray to different deities, go to different afterlifes and whatnot...but ultimately, in the end, we'll all wind up in the same place. Just like the math problem.

Of course, that's just my personal belief. Feel free to disagree with me -- after all, this is only one Pagan's thoughts. :)

2 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

I love your religious equation ;) I believe that you are right. And to like my favorite math professor EVER, Dr. Pedro Gil, "It doesn't matter how you get there as long as you show me the work and makes mathematical sense."

I believe that in math, like in religion, there are many valid paths. One just has to be true to the path one chooses and celebrate that of others.

P.S. I love the title of this post! And your choice for career, music therapy, huh? Cool!

Sarita said...

Thanks. :)