Thursday, June 18, 2009

Two thingies

I have two things that are sort of momentous, and I want to share both of them.

First of all, yesterday Tall One graduated high school. I don't think he really considers it worthy of the term "momentous," though, because it doesn't feel like much of a transition to him, having been homeschooled. The biggest transition for him will be the fact that he'll really start going after a degree in college. But since he's already taken a class at PCC, and PCC is where he'll be starting out, even that doesn't feel like much of a transition for him. So he doesn't really consider his graduation to be a big deal.

The rest of us in the family beg to differ with him.

I made brownies to celebrate yesterday, and my parents presented him with a high school diploma. Mom, Tall One, and I also played the card game hearts. Tall One won. I almost ran the deck twice, but both times I lacked a single card. (Note to self: Get the queen of spades before you make it obvious what you're doing, and don't try to run the deck if you didn't get the kitty.) It was a fun evening.

Now, onto the second thing I want to share. :)

I received a letter accepting me into the Marylhurst University music therapy program today. OMG. Really, I'm not sure what else to say, other than that I'm really happy. And lucky, since that's the only university I applied to...which is perhaps not the brightest thing I've ever done. lol Ah well.

So we celebrated Tall One's graduation yesterday, and today we'll need to find some way to celebrate my being accepted into Marylhurst. Hmm....

:D

No comments: