Sunday, July 19, 2009

Scottish stuff

Yesterday was the Portland Highland Games. It was really great, though it was a long day. Throughout the day I collected sayings off of things like bumper stickers, shirts, and whatnot, some of which I'll share here. Once I share htem I'll leave it at that, since I'm still tired.

Scots inside car -- pass with awe

There are three kinds of people in the world -- Scots, people who want to be Scottish, and those with no ambition

Anything can happen in the kilt

Life is too short to not be Scottish

Got haggis?

I break for haggis

Haggis hurling competition

Parking for drummers only. All others will be snared, skinned, and beaten.

Kiss me, I'm Scottish

Thank God I'm Scottish

Kiss me, I'm Irish
[Yes, the Irish somehow worm their way into the Games too. :P]

Thank God I'm Irish

Pipers do it with Amazing Grace

You look like I need a drink

I'm so cute, I must be Scottish
[This was on a shirt for a little kid.]

I'm so cute, I must be Irish
[Ditto.]

Real men wear kilts

Up with kilts!

Be a man -- wear a kilt!

I'm here entirely without adult supervision

Flogging will continue until moral improves
[I don't get this one but I still find it...interesting...is there some reference here I'm not getting?]

Built for a kilt

The Pipes, the Pipes are calling

Scots make better lovers

Piping is life -- the rest doesn't matter

Many have been kilt for calling it a skirt

You may kiss the Irish, but it's the Scotsman you'll be taking home

3 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

"Pipers do it with Amazing Grace"

Sexy....

Debra She Who Seeks said...

"Flogging will continue until morale improves" is a sarcastic reference to the management idea of some businesses that treating their employees like dirt will somehow make them better employees. Your collected sayings are cute -- aren't bumperstickers and t-shirts great?

Sarita said...

Thanks for clarifying that one.

Yes, bumperstickers and t-shirts are great. :)