Friday, July 3, 2009

Sick

Not much exciting to report today. I haven't been feeling well, and spent quite a bit of time in bed. I did find that there were two perks of hanging out in bed, though. Well, ok, specifically perks to hanging out in bed and not sleeping.

Firstly, I got to watch and listen to the hawks that have been nesting on my street. I mean, their home base (aka nest) is easily spotted from my bedroom window, so I couldn't have ignored them if I'd wanted to. They really are amazing birds. Normally I'm somewhere else in the house, without a good view of the sky, and don't see much of them.

The second perk was that I got to read. I'd picked up the first in the "Song of the Lioness" quartet by Tamora Pierce two weeks ago, and I finished the second book a couple days back. And today I have read nearly three quarters of the third book. I'm a big fan of Pierce's books about her Tortall characters, by the way. :D

I'm feeling better now than I was this morning...which is opposite of yesterday. Yesterday I started out feeling pretty good, then wound up not feeling so great in the evening. So hopefully I'll feel great tomorrow! :) If not, I'll do some more birdwatching -- though I expect I'll be doing more homework than reading.

No comments: