Thursday, July 30, 2009

Spinning wheel

My mom has told a few of her coworkers that I've taken up the drop spindle. I am quite happy that she did, because one of her coworkers needs a temporary home for her spinning wheel; more space is needed in her home for friends/family/someone who are visiting. This coworker correctly guessed that I might be interested in getting ahold of the spinning wheel, with the result that it is now sitting in my living room. :)

Unfortunately it doesn't work right now. It needs a belt thingy that this co worker's cat ate yesterday morning. And what is this kitty's name? Loki. Joy oh joy. Haven't I had enough encounters with that god already? lol Ah well. But I guess I can't complain about other people naming cats after trickster gods, since I named the cat who owns me Kokopelle.

I don't know how to actually use the spinning wheel, though. Well, I guess that's not strictly true by now, since I've looked at videos online, and I think I have a good idea of how it's done. Plus I have experience with the drop spindle, so I know the mechanics of how the wool gets turned into yarn. But it'll probably take some trial and error before I get it figured out. I'll start playing with it once mom's bought a new belt thingy for it.

Fun fun fun. :D

No comments: