Sunday, August 30, 2009

Volunteering

Unless I have something that forces me to get out of bed in the morning, I will sleep in until noon. At least. I don't like to admit it, but it's true. And simply setting my alarm clock won't get me up either -- or it actually will since it's across the room from my bed, but I'll just turn it off and go back to sleep. No, what I need to force me to stay out of bed is some kind of commitment.

Since summer term ended I've been sleeping in, except for on Fridays, because I volunteer at my local library Friday mornings. Well, I was at the library today, volunteering to mend books, and when I was leaving I ran into the volunteer coordinator in the circulation area. (By the way, circulation is totally separate from my book mending stuff, which is in technical services, and involves totally different people. Just a little FYI.) I'd been meaning to e-mail her about the possibility of volunteering more days of the week, but somehow never have.

There was nothing to stop me from asking her about volunteering more when I saw her today, so I did. When asked if I could volunteer in circulation Mondays through Fridays from now until school starts she just looked at my weird at first and asked "Are you trying to set a record?" lol No, actually, I just need something to do.

So with book mending on Sunday afternoons that will put me volunteering at the library six days out of the week. And, I'll only get to sleep in on weekends.

Goodbye, sleeping in! Hullo, being constructive! :D

No comments: