Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Much to my amazement, I have been nominated for a blog award! Thanks, Jupiter. :)
Naturally, there are rules:
1) Thank the person who gave this to you.
2) Copy the logo and place it in your blog.
3) Link the person who nominated you.
4) Name 7 things about yourself that no one would really know.
5) Nominate seven "Kreative Bloggers."
6) Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
7) Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.
Seven things you don't know about me:
1) I used to drink soft drinks all the time. Something convinced me to try going without, and I stopped cold turkey one day, and replaced my soft drinks with water. A mere week later my body felt better, much to my amazement. These days I'll occasionally drink a Root Beer or whatever, but mostly I don't.
2) A nick name of mine when I was about six or seven was The Hat Lady. I always wore hats, and was never seen without one.
3) My family once adopted a greyhound. He was abandoned, and we never did find out who his previous owners were. He loved to run, and we suspect that he had a few good years racing before retirement. He was already old when we got him, though, and we had to put him down after only a few years. His name was Powell's, as in the bookstore.
4) Well, this is something that my blog followers won't know at any rate -- about a month ago I replaced my coffee habit with a juice habit. Sure, juice doesn't have caffeine, but it's healthier.
5) There have been a few occasions in which my parents have given me a taste of alcoholic beverages. (Like on New Years, and once when I was totally stressed and mom figured it would relax me.) To put it mildly, I have loathed every alcoholic drink I've ever tasted or even smelled. What's the big deal about wine and beer and stuff? I've been pondering this as I get closer to turning 21.
6) The "Animorphs" books by K.A. Applegate used to be my absolute favorite book series. After I lost interest in them my mom eventually persuaded me to donate them to the library, and now whenever I see those books on the shelves or in circulation I'm like "Oooo! I remember those!!!" :D
7) People who knew me years ago will know this, but not any of my blog followers. I used to be a die hard Lord of the Rings fan, and especially a die hard Legolas fan girl. I was a total nut, and used to end virtually every diary entry with "I love Legolas." Really sappy, I know...
The Gods Are Bored -- Because if talking about bored deities isn't kreative, then I don't know what is!
where is kristine now -- Because she travels and explores, and to me seeing new things and places somehow equals kreativity.
Editorial Ass -- Because she talks about things that might ordinarily seem dull (such as book sales data) but she does it in a kreative way that makes them seem interesting.
Pagan Culture -- Because she talks about Paganism from a fresh and seemingly new perspective. To me fresh/new = kreative. Oh, and she also has inspired several of my blog posts. If inspiring other people isn't creative, then what is?
nomadic tendencies -- Take a quick look at her photos. No explanation is needed.
the encouragement lounge -- Because she uses kreativity to provide us college students with inspiration and laughs.
She Who Seeks -- Because seeking is kreative.
Wow. That was tough. :D