Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Blog award


Much to my amazement, I have been nominated for a blog award! Thanks, Jupiter. :)

Naturally, there are rules:

1) Thank the person who gave this to you.
2) Copy the logo and place it in your blog.
3) Link the person who nominated you.
4) Name 7 things about yourself that no one would really know.
5) Nominate seven "Kreative Bloggers."
6) Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
7) Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.

Seven things you don't know about me:

1) I used to drink soft drinks all the time. Something convinced me to try going without, and I stopped cold turkey one day, and replaced my soft drinks with water. A mere week later my body felt better, much to my amazement. These days I'll occasionally drink a Root Beer or whatever, but mostly I don't.

2) A nick name of mine when I was about six or seven was The Hat Lady. I always wore hats, and was never seen without one.

3) My family once adopted a greyhound. He was abandoned, and we never did find out who his previous owners were. He loved to run, and we suspect that he had a few good years racing before retirement. He was already old when we got him, though, and we had to put him down after only a few years. His name was Powell's, as in the bookstore.

4) Well, this is something that my blog followers won't know at any rate -- about a month ago I replaced my coffee habit with a juice habit. Sure, juice doesn't have caffeine, but it's healthier.

5) There have been a few occasions in which my parents have given me a taste of alcoholic beverages. (Like on New Years, and once when I was totally stressed and mom figured it would relax me.) To put it mildly, I have loathed every alcoholic drink I've ever tasted or even smelled. What's the big deal about wine and beer and stuff? I've been pondering this as I get closer to turning 21.

6) The "Animorphs" books by K.A. Applegate used to be my absolute favorite book series. After I lost interest in them my mom eventually persuaded me to donate them to the library, and now whenever I see those books on the shelves or in circulation I'm like "Oooo! I remember those!!!" :D

7) People who knew me years ago will know this, but not any of my blog followers. I used to be a die hard Lord of the Rings fan, and especially a die hard Legolas fan girl. I was a total nut, and used to end virtually every diary entry with "I love Legolas." Really sappy, I know...

Seven nominees:

The Gods Are Bored -- Because if talking about bored deities isn't kreative, then I don't know what is!

where is kristine now -- Because she travels and explores, and to me seeing new things and places somehow equals kreativity.

Editorial Ass -- Because she talks about things that might ordinarily seem dull (such as book sales data) but she does it in a kreative way that makes them seem interesting.

Pagan Culture -- Because she talks about Paganism from a fresh and seemingly new perspective. To me fresh/new = kreative. Oh, and she also has inspired several of my blog posts. If inspiring other people isn't creative, then what is?

nomadic tendencies -- Take a quick look at her photos. No explanation is needed.

the encouragement lounge -- Because she uses kreativity to provide us college students with inspiration and laughs.

She Who Seeks -- Because seeking is kreative.

.......

Wow. That was tough. :D

8 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Thank you, Sarita! I'm glad you think my blog is Kreativ! I must ponder what my 7 secret facts are. I'll post them probably this weekend-ish.

moonrat said...

aww, thank you, Sarita!! haha i'm glad someone else finds my boring life kreative!!

Sarita said...

It's boring? Doesn't sound boring. :)

Magaly Guerrero said...

I just wanted to stop by and thank you for my award. I feel a bit cooler today lol.

Ange said...

Hi Sarita, Thanks so much - don't feel at all Kreative, but I definitely appreciate the award!

Sarita said...

Ange, how can someone take photos like you do and not be kreative?

Harriet said...

Sarita, Thanks for nominating my blog! And bravo on yours! All the best! Harriet

Sarita said...

:)