Thursday, September 10, 2009

Certain Annoying Men

A brief letter to Certain Annoying Men:

I am fairly ticked off, and here's why. I was walking down my street when I heard a honk. I looked to see what was going on, and realized that the honk was your attempt to flirt with me. You also seemed to think that I ought to be flattered by your attention.

I wasn't.

It's not that I object to being flirted with. It's just that I would rather be flirted with because you've met me and like me, rather than because you just think I'm hot stuff.

You don't even know me. You haven't even had the chance to exchange a few words with me, let alone get some general idea of what I'm like. All you know is what you see. Well let me tell you something -- what you see is only skin deep. There's more to me than my outfit and my body. And if you can't understand that, you aren't my type.

This isn't the first time it has happened. Please, stop it. It gets you nowhere, and only irritates me.

Sincerely,

A Woman

..............

Ok, so I don't expect that any of my followers are those annoying people honking at me, but I just wanted to get this out there.

I know I'm not the only woman who feels this way. I know that if this is our worst problem, life is pretty good, but come on...why not let people know that we don't appreciate it? I feel a bit presumptuous to suggest that other women copy this letter on their blog, but why not? Why not let people know how we feel about this?

While I'm at it, I just realized that I don't know if men sometimes have this same problem with women. Do you? I'm curious.

1 comment:

Rachel James said...

You're awesome. That made me giggle. I don't mind a little random flirting like that, it can just be for fun. But, I definitely don't like it when they take it too far and get really obnoxious. And then they get totally offended if you aren't into them. That pisses me off.