Sunday, September 27, 2009

Mass transit problems


I've had a bad day with Tri-Met today. Tri-Met is my local mass transit system, and although I know that no system is perfect, this one definitely has problems.

I'd gone downtown today, and of course I eventually decided to come back home. So I went to a machine to buy a ticket. I didn't have cash, but most of the machines are set up so that you can pay with a debit card or whatever. So, I did. Except that it didn't work. I wandered around to a few other stations and tried the machines at those, with the same result at each of them.

I even found a Tri-Met info place, and tried going there for help. I figured that I could probably just buy a bunch of tickets there. But, guess what? It was closed!

I was stranded.

Fortunately I was able to call my mom and get her to come rescue me. In the future, however, I'll make sure I don't have to rely on those machines, since they obviously aren't reliable.

I've heard people talk about broken down machines and how bad they are, but I hadn't realized it was this bad.

2 comments:

Jupiter Greenmoone said...

I am so sorry to hear that you had problems with the transit. What a bummer!

And yes, Sailor Moon is a graphic novel. It started that way and eventually became animated. It's awesome that they are in your library haha and they definitely belong in the YA, or maybe even the kids section ;)

Sarita said...

Well there's some overlap in the library. I've seen them in the YA, but they might also been in the J. Or maybe not. I don't know.

It can get interesting. One of my favorite series, "Inheritance cycle" by Christopher Paolini, is in both the YA and J section of my library. I think the "Harry Potter" books are too.