Monday, September 21, 2009

Ramblings about being sick

As I mentioned yesterday, I've been sick. What I didn't say is that I suspect it was a minor case of the flu. It hasn't been pleasant.

The main problem has been a sore throat. Yesterday and today I've barely even been speaking. Oh yeah, and I also had a job interview scheduled today, but I had to miss it. Fortunately mom was willing to call to say that I wouldn't be there. I mean, I can talk a little, but it's painful to say more than a few words at a time.

One of my symptoms, which admittedly I haven't found on a list of symptoms for the flu, was that my skin was feeling extra sensitive. Seriously, I put on my house shoes, and this little rough patch that had never bothered me much before was driving me crazy. That's just one example of when I noticed my skin being extra sensitive.

That got me to thinking about autism, and how some autistic people have trouble with hyperactive sensory systems -- that is, they are physically more sensitive than normal people. I'm sure that what I experienced wasn't nearly as bad as what some autistic people have to live with day in and day out, yet even having it for twenty four hours was bad enough.

Anyways, I'm still not feeling my best (darned sore throat) but I'm past the worse, and am getting better. I haven't had any fever today, and started to feel better at about noon.

And while I'm on the topic of flu...

Am I the only one who looks at H1N1 and wants to say "high-nee"? Am I? Because I look at it and rather than thinking "H one N one" I look at it and think "high-nee."

Enough rambling now! :P And I guess that's all this post really is...rambling.