Saturday, September 12, 2009

Stars and Barbershop

Star light star bright
first star I see tonight
I wish I may I wish I might
have this wish I wish tonight.


...you know, it wasn't more blog followers I wished for, but I come back and suddenly I have a bunch more. Welcome, one and all! :)

I don't normally wish on stars, but this evening I was out with a friend and we thought that lying on the grass and watching the stars come out sounded good. Since we were watching for stars anyways, I figured I may as well wish on one.

Speaking of wishes...

I wish you could all see the Pride of Portland chorus. They're part of Sweet Adelines International, which is a women's organization for singing Barbershop music. I'll try to stop right now since if you get me going I can really get going about Barbershop music, and especially this chorus in particular.

They're on my mind at the moment because I got up early to watch them perform at 9am this morning. You see, there's a new light rail line that just opened today, and it's getting a whole lot of publicity. So, this chorus got hired (I assume they were paid, anyways) to sing at this event. There were also other Barbershop groups singing, but this was the big one I wanted to see.

Below I posted a video taken a few years ago, of the intro of a song the chorus sang. This song isn't actually in the Barbershop style, since this chorus likes to play around, but it's the only one of theirs I could find on YouTube.




And because I have just got to share some normal Barbershop stuff, I want to share a video of the quartet LoveNotes.



That's all for now! :)

No comments: