Thursday, October 29, 2009

Show and tell

Just FYI -- I haven't been online as much as usual recently, and I haven't even read any of the blogs I follow today yet. I've been busy, and I am tired.

However, I would like to share just two things.

I found this sign on campus today, and I had to photograph it.



Honestly, I'm really not sure what it means. However, I just Googled "Freethinkers University" and found this website. Make of it what you will. I'm too tired to make heads or tails of it. All I know is that the sign is cool.

Also, I wanted to share the song "I Enjoy Being a Girl." This is one that a young woman I used to know sang, and then a chorus (or was it a quartet?) sang it at the competition I was talking all about last week. So of course, I just had to go and find it on YouTube.



In a way it was funny when the girl I used to know sang it. You see, she wore a hijab, which is the head covering many Muslim women wear, so the line about a brand new hair do always sounded funny coming from her. But the last time I saw her perform it she added in the words "or hijab" after the mention of hair styles, which I thought was really cool. She took that song and made it her own! :)

3 comments:

Jupiter Greenmoone said...

Wow that's really interesting. A pretty neat thing to read :)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Good for your friend! I like to see that kind of moxie!

Sarita said...

She's a character, all right. :)