Monday, November 30, 2009

Blog birthday bash

Right now I'm posting a blog on a happy subject, rather than about someone's who's just died!

Carrie, over at [carrotspeak.], is having a blog birthday bash on the 16th.

Rather than typing all the details out, I think I'll copy and paste the info from her post talking about it. I don't think she'll mind. :)

~~~~~~~

We will meet up here on December 16th to celebrate so many things: the birth of new friendships, the blogging outlet for self-expression, the invention of birthday cake, and, of course, some free and easy publicity for all of you fantastic readers.

I'll upload my own party post, and you guys get to play along by creating yours. What will you wear? This is, after all, a black-tie event. We must all be looking fab. Who will you bring as a date? How will you arrive? (Floo power? Limo? Hot air balloon?) Who will you mingle with; do you have any friends coming? Will you experience celebrity sightings? Oh the possibilities...

Anyhoo, please RSVP to me before the party day via email with your name and the link to your blog and I'll add you to the guest list in the right sidebar so that you partiers can get to know each other. :) Then on December 16th you'll upload your party posts, and we'll all jump around the guest list to say "How do you do?" (See? Easy publicity.) The guest list will remain in my sidebar for a week after the party date, just to be sure you all have enough time to visit each other.

If you'd like to participate, please steal the invitation below and spread the word, and on the party day please don't forget to link back to my blog in your post so that all of your readers can come as well. EVERYONE is invited. :)

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Thanks so much! You're right, I don't mind in the least. :)

Sarita said...

:)

Magaly Guerrero said...

I'm not sure if I'm going to the party yet, but I just stopped by Carrie's blog and was there for a while. I am a sucker for love, and after been in the military for so long, I've learned to admire the women and man who are patient, loving enough to wait for their heroes. I'm going back to check Carrie out some more, for that's a sweet young girl. Thanks for pointing her out Sarita!

Sarita said...

Sure thing. :)

Hmm, my own blog birthday is coming up this month...and I don't think I want to do a party but...hmmm....