Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Music Journal

November 3rd, 2009


What: Alternating flute and piano music

When:
Early morning

Why:
I was in a piano room, and someone else was practicing in the next room over

Effect:
It made me delight in the fact that I am a music major



What: Fellow students playing piano

When:
Early morning

Why:
I was in piano class

Effect:
More joy at being a music major



What: Men singing

When:
About ten minutes in the afternoon

Why:
In choir there is a song that only the men sing, which meant that I (and the other women) wound up just sitting and listening for that part of rehearsal.

Effect:
I was having trouble understanding the words, so I was slightly frustrated.



What: Other students practicing piano, voice, and maybe other instruments.

When:
For about an hour in the afternoon

Why:
I was talking to another student, and we happened to be in a place where we could hear fellow students practicing.

Effect:
I liked hearing the music, even though I was not focusing on it.


What music have you been listening to lately?

No comments: