Friday, November 6, 2009

Music Journal

I have barely been on the computer today and yesterday, and haven't even read the blogs I follow yet today. I don't feel like saying much, so I'll share my music journal and leave it at that.

I would just like to comment -- my choir at school is singing Christmas songs, so I'm already in the frame of mind "Let's sing Christmas songs!!!" Oh, and one of our songs is actually a Hanukkah song, which I am in love with. But it's not quite that season yet, so I'll restrain myself from sharing the songs! lol

And if you're thinking "A Pagan, into Christmas music? What's up with that?" I'll try to explain that briefly. I was raised on Christmas music, and even though I disagree with some of the theology behind many of the songs, I do absolutely love Jesus. And even though many of the songs I wouldn't be willing to perform as a solo piece (because of disagreement over theology), I have no problem performing them with a choir.

Maybe that's not much of an explanation. It says some, but leaves out things such as the why behind why I'm happy to sing songs whose theology I disagree with in a choir but not as a solo piece. But that's for another post, if anyone is interested. And if no one expresses interest I just might post about it anyways.

Now, on to what I've been listening to the last couple of days!

November 4th, 2009



What: Three Christmas songs

When:
Evening

Why:
Because I felt like it

Effect:
It made me happy


November 5th, 2009


What: Students practicing piano

When:
Briefly in the early morning

Why:
I was practicing piano, and someone else was practicing in the next room over

Effect:
I was happy to be a music major



What: Students practicing piano, vocal, and violin

When:
About an hour in the afternoon

Why:
I was talking with other students, and we happened to be right where we could hear people practicing

Effect:
I didn't pay much attention to it, but I liked it



What: The entire CD of The Best of Peter Paul and Mary

When:
Late afternoon/early evening

Why:
Because I felt like it

Effect:
It made me happy, and because I haven't listened to the CD in a while it reminded me of old favorites



What: A couple Christmas songs

When:
Evening

Why:
Because I felt like it

Effect:
It energized me and made me happy

No comments: