Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tooth Faery

My wisdom teeth started growing in this spring. I was not pleased.

In fact, I was rather surprised. I'd thought I already had my wisdom teeth, but it turns out that I was mistaking my back molars for wisdom teeth. (I can be amazingly clueless at times.)

So now I have one that's broken through, a second one that seems to be coming in, and I have no idea what the other two are doing. I have a dentist appointment in January, and I'll find out then if I don't figure it out for myself before then.

I'm really hoping they don't have to be pulled. For one thing, I have TMD. TMD is a problem with the jaw joints which can painful, and having to keep my mouth open wide for extended periods of time (like when I'm at the dentist's) can be a problem. It hasn't been much of a problem recently, but I don't want to aggravate it.

Another reason that I don't want them to be pulled is that, well, it looks painful! Tall One had his pulled last winter, and it did not look at all pleasant, even with mom and me waiting on him hand and foot for a few days.

But I want to know: if they do get pulled, will the Tooth Faery visit me? After all, I adamantly tell my parents that I still believe in Santa, and I still get presents from Santa every Christmas. Shouldn't the Tooth Faery be the same way?

And that brings me to another (sort of related) question. What did the Tooth Faery give you when you were young? My brother and I always got little presents from the Tooth Faery, but that doesn't seem to be the case with everyone.

(Note to self: make sure mom reads this post ;) )

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I used to get 10 cents a tooth from the Tooth Fairy until she increased her rates to 25 cents with inflation. Of course, this was a million years ago. I'm sure teeth fetch much more now. And yes, the Tooth Fairy should definitely give you money for your wisdom teeth. Big bucks, too.

Jupiter Greenmoone said...

We definitely only got a coin. Although once my brother lost a gold tooth (so, it was fake) and my mom gave him $5. I was freaking mad! So, he gets rewarded for not taking care of his teeth? What the heck?!

Sarita said...

:D

I chatted with the Tooth Faery, and she pointed out that Tall One didn't get anything when his wisdom teeth were pulled. Then again, the Tooth Faery has a history of giving presents up to a week late in my family, so there's no reason why Tall One can't get something nine months late. lol

Of course, I don't even know if my wisdom teeth need to be pulled. I hope they don't. But we'll see!