Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Birthday Bash!!!


Happy birthday to you,
happy birthday to you,
happy birthday dear [carrotspeak.],
happy birthday to you!

In case you've forgotten, the 16th is the first birthday of Carrie's blog, [carrotspeak.]. Carrie decided to have an online birthday bash for her blog. So, here I am! (And my mom's birthday is the 17th, but that's another post.) Yes, I know I'm writing this on the 15th, but since I actually have a job now I probably won't have a chance to blog until tomorrow evening if I don't do it tonight.

So, let's see, what first...?

In her post about this birthday bash, Carrie said: "I'll upload my own party post, and you guys get to play along by creating yours. What will you wear? This is, after all, a black-tie event. We must all be looking fab. Who will you bring as a date? How will you arrive? (Floo power? Limo? Hot air balloon?) Who will you mingle with; do you have any friends coming? Will you experience celebrity sightings? Oh the possibilities..." I guess answering those questions are what I'll do next!

First of all, what I am wearing is to the right. Very beautiful, if I may say so myself. :) I spent hours and hours going from store to store and trying on different dresses, trying to find the one that was meant for me. I was just about to give up when I spotted this one. It was love at first sight. You can't tell from this photo, but I'm even wearing glass slippers!

I didn't bring a date, but I did bring a nice friend. His photo is at the left.

He is a very friendly dragon, and don't be deceived about his size by the photo! We took this shot when he had shrunk himself (always playing with magic, he is) and it's the only good photo we've been able to get of him.

He was also kind enough to give me a ride on his back to the birthday bash. He really is a sweetie. :) His name is Smaug, by the way.

And yes, there definitely are some celebrities! I see Harry Potter, Gandalf, Dumbledore, Elizabeth Swan (sorry, that's Elizabeth Turner), Legolas, Bilbo Baggins, Arthur Dent, Calvin and Hobbes (oh no there's gonna be trouble...), Jason Fox (definitely some trouble), Fred and George Weasley (I really should hide, I think), Beka Cooper, George Cooper (wait, those two Coopers are about 200 years apart), and.... and... and... and the list goes on and on. Oh, and of course since Carrie is so crazy about Twilight, Edward Cullen is here.

And as for mingling, well, I can be sort of shy. But I suspect that if I start playing the grand piano in the corner someone will get interested and come talk to me about it. That's my trick at parties -- I have something I'm good at, such as spinning yarn or in this case playing the piano, that gets people to come to me so that I don't have to work up my courage to go up to them! :D

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Riding on a dragon's back is quite an entrance at ANY party! And P.S., love the festive additions to your side plaid!

Sarah said...

i love calvin and hobbes!! and mostly everyone else you mentioned... Smaug looks like someone i would want to meet, and playing the piano is awesome (i always wanted to learn)!

Kess said...

Don't worry, I'm shy too, but I'm drawn by your incredible piano playing, and coming over to say hi and how do you do?

I love your dress, and Smaug is so cute! I'm glad you already said he's friendly, because I think I would've been a bit frightened - he is very big after all!

It's lovely to meet you! :)

Carrie said...

Sarita, you're the first blogger I've met who also reads Tamora Pierce! :D That just made my day! I'm halfway through "Bloodhound" right now, and LOVING it, of course. ;) I've only read the Tortall series, but I think I'll start the Circle of Magic set soon too...

Anyhoodle, thank you so much for participating! :) Your guest is by far the most original, and you certainly hit the guest list spot on. ;)

Happy blog-hopping!

Sarita said...

Debra -- I'm just lucky that he gave me a ride. Dragons don't carry just anyone around! :)

Sarah -- Calvin and Hobbes is one of my favorite comics. :)

Kess -- Lovely to meet you too! :)

Carrie -- I love love LOVE Tamora Pierce's Tortall books. I just about cannot get enough of them. :)

Smiles all around! :D