Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Blowing bubbles


I have a pendant that's in the shape of a duck. But it isn't a normal kind of pendant, because I can use it to blow bubbles.

I started wearing it recently because I felt like compelled to. It seemed like an Otherworldly helper was telling me that I needed have fun, rather than spending the whole time stressed out. I admit, during the past term I have been going slightly nutsy and stressing out due to sleep deprivation and worrying about classes.

After blowing bubbles around my house, I started blowing bubbles when I was out and about this week, and I had this vague idea that it might bring happiness to other people. I was slightly surprised by the results, though.

Tuesday when I was on my way to my job interview someone called me something along the lines of "bringer of joy." I was quite happy. We wound up talking about our pets, which I found to be a delightful topic.

Today when I was blowing bubbles I thought that no one was paying attention to them to begin with. But when I moved so that I could see where the bubbles were going I realized that there were a couple of children who were chasing the bubbles. They were so cute. I was sad to leave when my train showed up.

Also today, and incidentally at the same time as when the kids were chasing the bubbles, when I first started blowing bubbles at the train station the wind took them somewhere I hadn't expected -- straight to a guy who was announcing to everyone passing by the Good News about Christianity. I couldn't help but wonder, was Jesus perhaps using the bubbles to tell him to calm down and have a good time? lol Who knows. :)

I'll continue blowing bubbles at bus stops, and at other places. It's brought joy to other people, which in turn brings joy to me.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Delightful! More people should blow bubbles.

Sarita said...

Well I know that the guy who I had a conversation with said that he should start blowing bubbles. :)