Friday, December 25, 2009

A few thingies

There are a few things I want to share.

*******

Tall One and I are putting together a duet together. I'll be playing piano, and he'll be playing the shuttle pipes. For those who don't know, the shuttle pipes are a kind of bagpipe, but they're much quieter than the Highland pipes. Yes, there are quite a few different kinds of bagpipes.

Our plan is to have it together by the end of winter break, since otherwise we'll probably get too with school to get it together before the next break. He wants to put it in YouTube once we've got it presentable, in which case I'll share it here.

I am quite happy. :) We started talking about it last night, by the way.

*******

A gift that Santa gave the family was a book. It's a book that is starring Simon's cat. For those of you who aren't acquainted with Simon's cat, I highly recommend that you watch the following two minute video:



Isn't he such an adorable kitty? I hadn't even known that his stories came in book format.

*******

I mentioned the other day that I was intrigued by the idea of going "no poo" -- that is, using something other than shampoo or conditioner on hair. Believe it or not, theoretically once your hair gets past the oily stage of not being shampooed, it starts behaving itself quite well. And I've read quite a few first hand accounts online of this theory being put into practice, and working quite well.

Unfortunately, either I didn't know I was doing, or this simply doesn't work on my hair.

My hair was not simply greasy. I've had greasy hair before, and I know how to handle it. My hair became hideous. Absolutely hideous. Not that it looked bad. But then, it's hard to make my standard hair style, a knot on the back of my head, look bad. It was pretty darn hard to work with, though.

So I gave in and washed it this evening. Now my hair is blissfully clean, and wonderful. I'm not sure if I want to try going no poo again. It's worked beautifully for other people, but...it doesn't seem to be for me, I think.

I hope I'm not boring people by talking about my hair.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

1. A sister-brother duet is a great idea! 2. I love Simon's Cat! 3. I'd never heard of the "no poo" movement before, so it's interesting. I've heard of people using environmentally friendly shampoo, but I'm not sure if that's the same thing?

Sarita said...

I don't know if they're the same thing, actually.