Friday, December 18, 2009

This and that

Oh, what to write? Let's see....

A while back I won two $25 gift cards to Godiva. (This is a while back as in Obama's inauguration a while back, although at the time I just wrote that I got a $50 gift card.) I finally got around to spending it today.

It seemed to me that $50 is a bit much for one girl to spend on chocolate, so I invited along a friend of mine -- a vegan friend. I didn't expect the fact that she's vegan to be problem, because the dark chocolate at Moonstruck is vegan, and I figured that Godiva would be the same. But guess what? I was wrong. :( So she did get someone a Christmas present there, but nothing for herself.

Since we couldn't get anything vegan at Godiva I suggested that we head to Moonstruck. My friend got a yummy vegan chocolate bar there, and I got my dinner: an ice cream sundae. Yes, I know this isn't the most nutritious dinner, but having ice cream and chocolate and whip cream for dinner every once in a while won't kill me.

Oh yeah, and there's also my foot to talk about.

Yesterday afternoon it started hurting when I was coming home from work. I don't know why! My best guess is that it objects to my walking a good distance (or rather a bad distance) in dress shoes that weren't meant for walking on Monday. But if that was on Monday, why would it only now be complaining? Good question, and I still don't have an answer, but walking in those shoes is still my best guess at what's the cause of my foot trouble.

I was limping around with a cane today, and now it's worse. Well, my foot isn't worse, but the overall situation is worse. It's my right foot that's hurting, and due to my walking differently a muscle in my left side is complaining. Oh, and my right hand and forearm are complaining about my leaning too heavily on a cane.

I'm irritated with the situation, but trying to take this with good humor. I'm not too worried at the moment, but that will probably change if it doesn't get better in a couple days.

And lastly...

I'd like to share an amazing song that I rediscovered this week. I found it very inspiring when I first saw it, way back when I still actually watched TV. I sort of forgot about it when I stopped, but then mom put on a Star Trek movie this week.

I found the song on YouTube and I'd like to share it here. If possible, I find it even more inspiring now than I did when I first saw it.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sorry to hear about your sore foot! If it doesn't clear up soon, maybe go have a podiatrist check it out. Thanks for posting the video -- great song! And the new Star Trek movie was a great movie too!

Sarita said...

Wow, I'd never heard of a podiatrist before. I didn't even know what the word meant, until I looked it up in a dictionary!

But yes, if it doesn't clear up really soon I'll go to a doctor. Luckily I have good health care, so money won't be an obstacle.

And oh yes, I LOVE the new Star Trek. I just have to ask, though: why do I frequently fall for the older guys?