Thursday, December 24, 2009

This time last year

I've been thinking about where we were this time last year.

Last year we got a heck of a snow storm in December. I was lucky because it only hit once my finals were over. Or anyways, we didn't get snowed in until after my finals were over.

We wound up getting over a foot of snow, and were snowed in for at least a couple of weeks. This is a big deal for this part of the country, because we go crazy when we get even a mere inch of snow. Actually, we go crazy when we get even less than an inch of snow.

But our attitude towards snow is a subject for another post. I'll get back to the point!

The point is what we were doing this time last year. Well, this time last year the storm had blown over, and the snow was melting. On Christmas Eve we were finally able to get out of the house for the first time in two weeks. Or anyways, my family was able to get out of the house -- I know that other people had to wait a little longer, depending on exactly what altitude they lived at.

Hmm, so I guess that means we're only slightly ahead of where we were this time last year. This year we finished up last minute Christmas shopping yesterday, but yesterday we finished it up on Christmas Eve. lol

Also last year, a friend was going to celebrate Yule with us. But of course, this didn't happen since everyone was snowed in. We were planning to keep a fire in the fireplace going when the friend was finally able to get over to our place, so on solstice last year I just kept candles going all night.

What were you doing this time last year?

No comments: