Saturday, December 12, 2009

Three more poems published

This just proves how out of it I've been while adjusting to a new school...

It turns out that three of my poems were published at A Poet's Haven, and I only discovered this when I Googled my name while playing around. This website expects poets to check back with them to find out if their poems have been accepted, and I sort of stopped checking their site maybe a week after I submitted the poems.

So without further ado, here are the poems!

A Friendship Ended
My Fear
Cigarettes

I'll also share a few details behind the poems.

A Friendship Ended

Well...ok, I think this one is pretty much self explanatory.

I would like to mention that I'm finally at peace with what happened, so I find it sort of -- ironic? -- that the poem has finally gotten published.

My Fear

This was inspired by watching Tall One dive into the pool from the diving board.

FYI, I have only ever dived into the pool once, and that was because it was from the edge of the pool and a really nice coach was holding my hands and guiding me into the pool. That was the summer that I was on a swim team. I never dived during the races even though I was supposed to dive into the water. Luckily my swim team wasn't very competitive, and the focus was on having fun rather than besting everyone else.

Also FYI, I've only ever jumped off a diving board once, and that was because it was either jump or fail a swim class.

Cigarettes

I really do not appreciate being exposed to second hand smoke, and I wrote this after a cigarette was left smoking on the ground at a bus stop.

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Way to go! It's wonderful to know your poems are published! And I know what you mean about diving. I never got over my fear of it despite many attempts. I think it was having to go into the water head first that scared me. The idea of it still does.

Sarita said...

It's funny to be afraid of it. I think about it and I know that if I don't do anything stupid it's perfectly safe. But it's still scary!

Ah well. If we don't manage it in this life maybe we'll start diving in our next lives. :)

Lyon said...

Congratulations, that's awesome. =)

Sarita said...

Thanks. :)