Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Another exciting day

Fun fun fun. I stayed up late last night on homework (after all, college kids are the original Creatures of the Night) so I was tired today.

When I finally got off work I had a class starting fifteen minutes later. Well, I was beginning to feel sick. After about a half hour in class I left to e-mail my mom and see if she could come pick me up since I was feeling worse by the minute. While we were exchanging e-mails, and I was feeling guilty about asking her to come pick me up rather than just taking the bus home, I threw up. Into a trash can, luckily. I stopped feeling so guilty about asking her to pick me up after that.

Fortunately I started feeling better after I threw up. It's weird how throwing up can make a person feel better, isn't it?

So mom picked me up, and now I'm home. Hopefully I'll be able to go to school tomorrow, or at least to my piano lesson. The piano lesson would be rather difficult to reschedule, and if I don't make it we'll have to reschedule. So we'll see what happens.

But I'm trying to figure out if I got sick due to lack of sleep (I know that if I push my body too far it isn't good, and I got WAY too little sleep last night) or if I have the same bug my mom had earlier this week. My mom also suggested that this could be a reaction to the scare I had yesterday, when my gut was telling me to be worried about the lump I found in my breast.

I don't know. All I know is that I want chicken noodle soup for dinner, I want some chocolate, and I want to go to bed early. And I might actually go to bed early for once! Oh, and I want to listen to my audio book, but I do that anyways as I fall asleep. And I want to practice my Chopin piece...which I don't actually do as I fall asleep...

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Bit of good luck, that trash can being there, wasn't it? I hope the bug passes quickly and you're feeling better soon.

Sarita said...

Yeah, it was definitely lucky. It was also lucky that I left the classroom to e-mail mom when I did. Imagine if I'd thrown up in class! Not only would it have been embarrassing, but I would have felt bad for disrupting the class.

This did give a friend of mine the opportunity to say "I told you so, you need sleep!" But I guess I deserved that.