Thursday, January 14, 2010

A dyslexic walked into a bra...

...and another was a devil worshiper who sold his soul to Santa.

There was also the dyslexic agnostic insomniac who would stay up late at night pondering the existence of Dog.

And I'm cracking all these jokes because of what I wrote in my notes:


As we would say in my family, that takes real talent. And when we say that in my family, we aren't always referring to a talent that most people would want. lol

We're learning how we learn in this class (really interesting) and I realized something that I'd never thought of before. After class, I went up to the professor and asked "I am ADHD*, and I sometimes have trouble concentrating. Well, when I study, I sometimes use music or an audio book to help me focus. It occurred to me that it might also help if I'm having trouble focusing in class. So, would you mind if I use my iPod and experiment with that in your class?" She said yes, and I got my other professor to agree to it today.

Hopefully this will help. :)

*"I am ADHD" I said this without thinking, and then kicked myself over it. I'm trying to change how I view myself, from being a person who is ADHD, to being a person who has ADHD. I guess I still need to work on it.

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Ha ha, selling your soul to Santa sounds pretty good, doesn't it?

Sarita said...

That depends. If you sold your soul to Santa you'd probably wind up making lots of toys for kids, so if you like that sort of thing it'd be a great deal. :)

Maureen said...

Wait. It's not normal to stay up late contemplating Dog?

Sarita said...

Most people don't. But us cool people do. ;)