Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Juggling

I thought I would have a grip on school this term, now that I know what's expected of me academically. But, I was wrong. Now, I have a job. And now, I also have a question.

How am I supposed to juggle work and school???

I was up way too late the last two nights, and still have assignments that are late. I'm also exhausted, which isn't helping.

Fortunately I found out from one of my professors today that there are resources on campus to help people who are having trouble juggling work and school. She actually made it a school assignment -- we have a "scavenger hunt" this week where we come up with a school related question and find the answer to it, and she told me to find this resource for the assignment.

4 comments:

Lyon said...

Poor lady. I worked all the way through college too. I didn't have it nearly as tough as some of my compatriots, I knew several single moms who took full loads, worked, AND mothered. Somehow.

I wish I had good advice for you, I do. I don't remember sleeping much except on holidays the entire time I was in college. lol I can tell you two things that got me through. 1. Take time for you when you can to have FUN. Pressure release is important. 2. Just keep your eye on the end goal. When you're tired and you hate it, remember why you're doing it.

Organization will save your life too. Don't let yourself get behind because it will be *much worse.* lol

I wish you the best of luck. I know you can do it!

Magaly Guerrero said...

I know the feeling, and the answer usually involves sacrificing your social life. I worked and went to school (fulltime on both counts) for my first degree. This time around I'm writing and going to school, not at difficult because I dictate my own schedule, but still tough.

Try prioritizing your school/work life, I don't want you to find yourself in trouble at the end of the semester. Oh, when in doubt, schedule!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, find those resources to help you juggle school and work! It's probably the most important thing you can learn, believe me. Juggling skills are what life is all about!

Sarita said...

Too tired to respond to your comments much...other than to say thanks. :)