I have a friend who wants to move out of her mom's house, and she's looking for room mates. I would love to move out of my parent's house, and want to be one of her room mates. But the more I think about it, the more things I realize need to be taken into consideration.
1) I'm not going anywhere without my cat. So if we're room mates, that limits where we can move.
2) Money. How much will rent cost? Utilities? Groceries?
3) Will I be able to pay my share with the job I have?
4) If the answer to the previous question is no, then there's another question: With my school schedule and homework, will I be able to pick up a second job?
5) Health care. Will I be able to stay on my mom's insurance?
6) If not, can I get my own health care at an affordable price?
7) Computer access. Yes, I can get on computers at school. But having to go to school just to check my e-mail would be sort of inconvenient. So, would I be able to buy a computer that could just do the basics, Microsoft Word and internet?
8) Oh yeah, and I would have to buy cat food and kitty litter myself. Oh and mom might appreciate it if I take my fish with me...
9) The piano would cost a couple hundred bucks to move, and then periodically I would have to pay something like $75 to have it tuned. I can't afford that. So, can I afford to get a good keyboard so I can practice piano at my new home? It wouldn't replace a real piano, and I would continue to practice on those at school, but I think I need something at home.
I don't have answers to any of these questions, and I'm not sure when I'll have answers.