Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My eventful day

I had my doctor's appointment today. The diagnosis is that it is probably just a sprained foot. The doctor took my cane away from me since using it is what made my hands hurt, and put me on prescription strength ibuprofen. (Ok, she just told me to stop using the cane, but "she took it away from me" sounds funnier.) So now my foot hurts worse in spite of the ibuprofen, but my hands should improve pretty quickly I think. Also, the pharmacist told me that the ibuprofen they gave me will interact with another one of my prescriptions and cause me to be queasy. What fun!

I did miss two hours of work due to the doctor's appointment. But that's not so bad, considering that I would have missed it entirely if mom hadn't said that she would drive me rather than just letting me take the bus all over the place. I'll make up the hours I missed on Friday, though.

By the way, it's interesting...I've noticed that "mom" is the label that is the most used on this blog other than "school. Hmm...

One of my classes meets only one day a week, and this was the day for it. So after I got off work (fifteen minutes before the class starts) I found the room, and settled in. I was beginning to get really comfy when the professor started talking: "So, we are here to talk about Shakespeare..." At first I thought this was a joke, because the class I had signed up for wasn't English. Then I realized that no one else looked surprised. Then I realized that I was in the wrong room.

Ooopsies.

I would have been happy to hang out in the English class. After all, I love love love love literature. But, I had my own class I needed to get to, and I suspected that the English professor wouldn't have wanted a non-registered student hanging out in her class.

By the time I got to my own classroom class had already started, and I felt bad sneaking in (or trying to) late. Oh well. At least I found the right classroom!

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Are you supposed to stay off your feet as much as possible? Or bind your foot or anything?

Sarita said...

The doctor didn't say anything about doing either of those things, actually.