Sunday, January 24, 2010

Piano stuff

I just had to share, this is the Chopin piece I'm learning right now:



The bad thing about it is that I have to alter a few of the chords because my hands are too darned small to play them as written. My small and dainty hands are pretty, but their size is a continuing irritation. :(

But the piece sounds so cool that I can easily get over my irritation with my hands. :) I love love love those bass notes!!!

By the way, my piano teacher told me to use stickers in my day planner to mark when I've completed all my piano practice. I was thinking dragon stickers would be cool, but I didn't find any at the store today. Instead, I found something just as cool -- Precious Moments stickers and kitty stickers! :D


3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Lovely! Historically, the piano keyboard was designed to fit the adult male hand because only men were allowed to have musical careers as pianists. Some regard that historical anomaly as creating an inherently discriminatory barrier for women today, with their smaller hands and smaller spans.

Sarita said...

Inherently discriminatory...I guess that would depend on how you look at it. People with small hands can still play the songs, we just have to voice the big chords differently. It's a nuisance, but it doesn't stop us.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Well, that's good!