Saturday, January 16, 2010

Thingy and thingy

I just wanted to share, since going no poo seems to be a popular topic -- I tried a brown sugar scrub on my hair last night. I had three options that I could find: combining it with honey, conditioner, or shea butter. We don't have shea butter, and I'm skeptical about putting honey on my hair, so I mixed the yummy sugar with conditioner.

I'm not entirely sure what to make of it. I think I could probably have done a slightly better job of rinsing it out, and additionally I now have Dreaded Dandruff. I did have Dreaded Dandruff another time after I'd decided to go no-poo, and it went away after a few days. So we'll see what happens this time.

Also, about moving out...

I've figured out how much money I'll be making each month with my new job. And while I haven't added up exactly how much rent and utilities and etc. would cost, I do have an idea of how much they would be, and of how many people I might be sharing a house with, and I'm fairly certain I could afford to move out.

I've also figured out that I'm able to buy myself a Netbook computer in the next month or so. It isn't a powerful computer, but it has what I really need: internet, and a program I can write my papers with. If I want to do something fancy I can always come back here and get on my mom's computer.

Now I need to find the answer to my question of whether I could stay on mom's health insurance.

I'm also trying to get used to the idea of that I would have to share a shower with a several other people. Here I only share a shower with one other person, and that can be annoying enough at times.

You know, I keep going between saying that I can't wait to move out, and that I'm not sure if I'll move out because it's too scary. But I think I will, if I can stay on my mom's health care, or find adequate health care elsewhere. Health care is one thing I'm not willing to compromise on.

ps. I'd forgotten! A good quality keyboard would also be convenient...

2 comments:

Lyon said...

Good for you, lady! It is scary, but I am very excited for you. I wish you all the best of luck!

Sarita said...

Thanks.