Sunday, February 14, 2010

Depression and Valentine's Day

Here's a conversation I had earlier this evening...


Me: Wait a minute, isn't depression sometimes part of PMS?

Mom: Um, yeah...

Tall One: Even I know that!

Me: Oh, yeah, I also knew that, I'd just forgotten. Um, let's see, I've felt a bit depressed for about three days, and this is the third day of my period...


It's also also been about that long since my last blog post, I noticed.

Fun fun fun! And the especially fun bit with depression is that it takes me a few days to really realize and acknowledge what's going on with me.

It's not really bad depression. I can still laugh and smile. I went to the zoo with a friend today and enjoyed myself. I went to a bagpipe event last evening and had fun. It's just, the depression is there in the background, and it's there when I'm not busy, and...it's not fun. And it was only this evening that I really recognized and acknowledged it.

So now I'm listening to Les Miserables, and craving chocolate. lol What do you do when you're depressed?

Oh yes, and how I spent my Valentine's Day...

I didn't have any plans, but a friend of mine called and asked if I wanted to go hiking with her. I said sure thing, but we instead wound up going to the zoo. That was fun. It was a bit of money ($10.50 each!!!) but worth it, I think.

Our local zoo is really great, and does its best to mimic the environment that the animals come from. My favorite animals to see are the cats. I just love cats. :) My friend was really wanting to see the bears, but unfortunately the black bear wasn't in its cage (they had signs up about it) and the sun bear was nowhere to be seen.

Oh yes, and in an attempt to myself feel better I've been watching movie bloopers. I think I'd like to share my two favorites:





My favorite line is "There's a female presence here. All the men have felt her. No they haven't felt her..."

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The good thing about hormonal depression is that it's temporary and will soon pass! Chocolate speeds things up, too!

Sarita Rucker said...

Yep. Of course, it's also fattening, which can be problematic...