Sunday, February 28, 2010

Dirt under my fingernails

I'd forgotten how much I love to get out in the yard and and do gardening. I did a little work in the garden today -- not much, but some -- so I've got dirt under my fingernails. But that's fine. It means I've gotten a little closer to nature, which is good.

By the way, I know that it's still winter over in the eastern side of the USA, but it's already spring where I am. (Or anyways, it's spring so far as the plants and I are concerned.) Below I share photographic evidence of this. I took these photos today, by the way.








6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm envious! It sure ain't Spring here!

pheonix_Dawn said...

It is spring there isnt it? What a lovely spring it is!Blessings! Michelle

Sarita Rucker said...

I know. That's why I figured I'd have to provide photographic evidence to prove I'm not just making this up.

It does feel like our winter was too short, thoguh. I mean, spring is my favorite, but winter is also important and it feels like we didn't get much of it here! Oh well. I guess the other side of the country is making up for the lack of winter here. :)

EyesToTheSkye said...

I wishhhh it was spring here! Just looking at your pictures makes me jealous! Only another month (or two at the worst), and then I'll be enjoying spring! =] So do you live IN Portland? I've been wanting to come check out the city. =]

jaz@octoberfarm said...

hehe..i know and i apologize! i was a vegetarian for 18 years until i got pregnant and developed the worst craving for mcdonald's hamburgers. go figure!!! sometimes i look at these piles of meat and wonder if i have lost my mind! both of my kids are dating major meat eaters so my lapse has come in handy!!!

Sarita Rucker said...

EyesToTheSkye -- No I don't actually live IN Portland, but I'm right in the area. People around here usually just tell people that we live in Oregon, when asked.

By the way, I'm sure I could name at least one person here who wishes that our winter were longer, and is sad that spring is here so early.

Jaz -- I actually do eat meat every once in a while. It seems like my body just needs it sometimes. But, when people share recipes (and especially photos) involving meat, I like to joke about being a traumatized vegetarian. :)