Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Imbolc

I am such a bad Pagan.

Last night I suddenly realized "Oh my gosh! It's Imbolc!" It was late-ish and I had homework, so I decided to just think nice thoughts and leave it at that.

So I went through most of today thinking that yesterday was Imbolc. I even mentioned it to my supervisor, that I'd missed Imbolc! (We did start talking about the connection between Imbolc, St. Brighid's Day, and Groundhog Day, which was a neat conversation.)

Then I get online, and all my Pagan friends are talking about Imbolc today. So, um, I guess I got it wrong. lol

I am such a bad bad Pagan. I can't even keep my holy days straight.

So I don't know what I'll do for Imbolc. I'm thinking simple, but nice. Maybe a really nice dinner, and a fire in the fireplace? Hmm... And, of course, perhaps chatting with Brighid to find out why Spring has come so darned early where I am. Yep, that's right, it's already Spring where I live. I kid you not.

Happy Imbolc!!!

6 comments:

Tricia said...

You know my calandar said Imbolc was yesterday too.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

February 1st is Imbolc Eve, which lots of people celebrate as being an important healing date as well. That's probably why people often think that Imbolc itself is Feb 1st, but it's Feb 2nd just like Groundhog Day! On Imbolc Eve, people in temperate regions (like yours!) often put out little pieces of cloth or scarves overnight to soak up the dew that falls at dawn on Imbolc morning. These "Brigid Cloths" are then saved and used for the rest of the year as compresses or bandages imbued with the special healing power of Brigid.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

P.S. Imbolc blessings to you!

Sarita Rucker said...

I didn't put out anything this year to soak up the dew, but I think I'll do that next year. :)

Anonymous said...

You're not a bad pagan - you're a person working with ADHD. =)

Sarita Rucker said...

Thanks. :)