Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Mrs. B.'s cool givaway

I'm keeping this short and sweet tonight.

Mrs. B. is having a givaway for some really cool cooking stuff. I'm entering because I think it will be useful for when I move out of my parent's house (in the distant future...) so I'm getting them for my hope chest. And of course, I'm blogging about it because that means that I can get an extra entry, and am therefore more likely to win!

By the way, how many people know the term "hope chest"? I grew up with that term, but it seems that not many people are familiar with it...

Oh yes, and about my moving out...I sort of doubt that I'll be moving out anytime soon, because I'd miscalculated how much I'll be earning a month. Things sort of got mixed up in my head so I thought that I would be making per month how much I'm actually making per term. And the two numbers are quite different, as you can imagine.

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, I know what a Hope Chest is. All the teenage girls had them when I was growing up. I never wanted to get married and be a wife and mother, so I had a Hopeless Chest instead!

Sorry to hear Independence Day is not at hand. But perhaps it's for the best. It will come soon enough!

Sarita Rucker said...

Hmm, I had it explained to me that it's simply for when I move out, not specifically for when I get married. Maybe it's a difference in parenting or where we live...

When my mom was a teen it somehow got turned into a joke that while some girls had hope chests, other girls (the flat chested ones) hoped for chests. I also like your joke about the hopeless chest. :]

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I think the difference is that your Hope Chest definition is from the 21st century when teenage girls leave their parents' home in order to have any career they want and any life they want. My Hope Chest definition dates from back in the Dark Ages when teenage girls were allowed to have only one ambition on leaving their parents' home: to become wives and mothers themselves.

Sarita Rucker said...

You're probably right. Or at least, that's part of the difference. :)