Monday, February 15, 2010

A peculiar (but nice) day

It was a rather odd day at work. I am usually busy making packets or doing something, and virtually never just sit around doing nothing. Yet today I only spent maybe an hour on packets, and the other four hours I was in work I was just sitting around watching the phone.

Well, ok, so I wasn't just sitting around watching the phone...I looked around in a thesaurus that was on the desk (ah, the things a person will do to avoid boredom), I blew bubbles a little, and then I eventually took out my novel and started reading. I considered doing homework, but I decided not to since I didn't want the phone to keep dragging me away from it.

By the way, I'm reading The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. le Guin. I've read it before, and it's one of my favorites. Have any of you read it, or any of le Guin's other books? I really love her Wizard of Earthsea books. Oh, and she's even local to Portland, where I live! Just think, I could randomly run into her in the grocery store or something. :) Not that I would be likely to recognize her.

Ok, now I'm just rambling...lol I'll hush up now, and probably get ready for bed...which I do sort of need my sleep...

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I've read some of her poetry, but never any of her novels. She's definitely on my "to read" list though -- some day when I have time!

Sarita Rucker said...

I've read some of her poetry I think, but not much...I should read more of it. When I find time.