Tuesday, February 9, 2010

RANDOM Time!



In spite of my sad posts about litter and intolerance, the above video is actually what I've sort of felt like for the past several days. So, I figured I'd share it here.

And I am going to be totally totally random because...well, because that's my mindset right now.

.......

Did you know that it's already spring where I am? Or anyways, it's spring so far as I'm concerned. It's also spring so far as the plants are concerned. It's beautiful. And I've also got allergies. Fun fun fun. This is my favorite time of year, though, regardless of allergies.

.......

This morning I let my hair down briefly (it was semi-coming down already and I didn't feel like putting it back up immediately) and one of my classmates grabbed me later exclaiming over my hair. She wanted to know how long I've been growing it out, and what I use on it. So I told her that I'm experimenting with going no poo, but that I did actually use this great 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner stuff on it last Saturday. So it's been...let's see...three days since washing it and it is still looking great. Maybe I'll share a photo of it later...

.......

I bought some pop tarts this morning. I haven't had one in a while, and it was amazing the memories it brought back.

When Tall One and I were little we always had pop tarts for breakfast. Dad would play Critter (his hand was Critter, and the middle and index fingers were Critter's legs) as Tall One and I ate. As I recall Tall One had a fondness for trying to flatten Critter...or was that just when mom was playing Critter?

I even remember that I always broke off the crust of the pop tarts.

.......

The most bizarre thing happened this morning. Realize, I have three classes back to back with the same professor. So the first class I was wide awake, but I was falling asleep in the second class, and then wide awake for the third class.

I have no idea what was going on with me. And no, the professor wasn't boring me to sleep! I had been thinking that it was my allergy medication, but the particular stuff I'm taking has never made me drowsy before and anyways I wouldn't have woken up so quickly if it were the medication.

I'm still clueless about what was going on.

.......

Have you heard of Google Wave? It's this cool new thing that Google is putting together. It hasn't been released to the public yet, but if you plead your case to them they might let you get an account. How do I know this? Tall One managed to get an account. :)

He invited mom and me onto it, so now I'm playing around with it. It's not perfect, but hey, it's a work in progress! And it's my new play toy. :) I've actually working on a school project on it, and it's crashed twice. Fortunately my work was saved when it crashed, so no worries.

The following video was in a message that I got as soon as I opened my account. You won't see the stuff the guy is pointing to because you aren't in Google Wave, but it'll give you an idea of the cool stuff Google Wave has if you're curious.

And yes, in case you haven't figured out yet, I am a fan of Google. :)




EDIT: Ok, I got the correct video of Google Wave up. I'd somehow just put up "Oh What a Beautiful Morning" again...don't ask me how...

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Randomness is fun! And is there nothing that Hugh Jackman cannot do?

Sarita Rucker said...

I don't know. This is actually the first time I've heard one of his songs.