Saturday, March 20, 2010

Depression

The problem with depression is that when you're depressed, you don't feel like doing anything. Including getting help.

I'm working through this...it's just taking some time...

In the meantime, writing seems to help. Both in my diary and on my blog(s). Maybe that's why I've been spending more time on my blog lately...

And it doesn't help that since the onset of this depression, my coping strategy with problems has been to pretend that the problems don't exist. That not a good coping strategy.

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Very insightful realizations.

Sarita Rucker said...

I just wish I hadn't had the opportunity to learn this firsthand.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You know the old descent myths where a Goddess descends to the underworld, is changed there and returns better and wiser because of the experience? Like Penelope or Inanna? Some say that those myths are a way of analyzing the experiences of illness or depression in a spiritual way -- i.e. that it is a spiritual journey of growth and change which you are on. You will learn much about yourself, the world and others as you work your way through this experience.

Sarita Rucker said...

Hmm, I hadn't thought of that...thanks for mentioning it!

Mom has told be that I'll be a better therapist for having struggled with depression.