Monday, March 22, 2010

Eating hunks of dead animal

Yeah, that's what I call meat: hunks of dead animal. Hey, that's what it is!

Anyways, you may remember I've mentioned before that I'm vegetarian. Well, guess what? I'm not anymore.

I try to listen to my body, and pay attention when it tells me that I need to eat something. It seems that if I do that I eat pretty healthily. Of course, I also have to be careful to differentiate between whether it's my body or my taste buds telling me what to eat...that can be a bit tricky...and I often do as my taste buds tell me...

I've been feeling recently like I need to eat meat again. So, I stopped being vegetarian sometime in the last couple of weeks. Physically I feel better. I think I needed the meat.

Of course, needing meat could have something to do with (and I'm sorry if I gross anyone out) donating blood too close to my period. Maybe I shouldn't do that again.

I do prefer to be vegetarian, and I hope to be vegetarian again soon. But if I need meat to feel my best, I'll eat it.

What about you? Are you vegetarian, vegan, carnivorous, raw foodist, or something else? Why do you eat what you eat?

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm afraid I eat a pretty standard North American diet. You're wise to listen to what your body is telling you. It's very hard on a vegetarian diet to get the iron and other minerals that red meat provides and it does have a direct impact on health and energy.

Sarita Rucker said...

Actually, lots of people do fine without red meat, and have no trouble.

Then there are those who really need the red meat. I have known people with health problems due to becoming vegetarian or being raised vegetarian.

Willow Silverhorse said...

I eat lots of meat. Born and raised in Texas, we raise our own cattle and my family and I have always eaten our own cattle. It's just normal for us. We need the protein and our cattle are organic (just not certified organic because Dad thinks it's not worth it to get them certified) so they're still good for us. I don't see myself changing to vegetarian any time soon, I like my meat too much lol