Saturday, March 20, 2010

Happy Ostara!

Today is Ostara -- the spring equinox. The first official day of spring.




Truthfully, I think spring started a month ago here in Portland, so I'm not as excited about Ostara as I might be. That's not to say that I'm not at all excited, however.

You've probably noticed that my blog has a different look. I first changed it because I thought that the tartan I was using was a little too dark for spring, and then I found this background which I thought was perfect for today.

For my readers who aren't familiar with Paganism, Ostara seems to me to be very similar to the Christian Easter. They both celebrate rebirth and new life.




Eggs are a symbol of life, and us Pagans are as fond of them on Ostara as Christians are on Easter.

And guess what I just heard? This is also the time of year that hens start laying eggs again.

Happy Ostara!!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: