Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Manannán Mac Lir Day

I would like to introduce you to one of my coworkers, Evil Guy.

"Evil Guy" is actually halfway to his real name. Really! We call him Evil ___. But, of course, I'm not going to tell you what the ___ part of his name is.

(Truthfully, he likes to think he's evil, but he's actually pretty nice. Just don't tell him I said that. *wink*)

And I mention him because he was the only one to comment today that I wasn't wearing green . He started talking about finding something big and nasty to pinch me with, because he works hard at pretending to be an evil guy. But, of course, he didn't pinch me, because he's actually a nice guy.

Then this evening I had dinner at a nice restaurant that had hired Portland Metro Youth Pipe Band to play. So I had dinner to live bagpipe music!

It's funny, though. The bagpipe bands are always busy performing on Saint Patrick's Day, and yet the pipes that the bands play are Scottish, not Irish. But the Irish war pipes aren't played any more (that I know of), so I guess that the Highland Pipes are the natural alternative.

And, since I noticed that Scotland the Brave was repeated several times, I decided to find a YouTube video of it to share. It is, by the way, one of the two songs that EVERY bagpiper knows. The other song is Amazing Grace, but don't ask a piper to play it because it seems that they tend to be sick and tired of that one.

So, without further ado, here is the rather unusual version of Scotland the Brave that I found just a few minutes ago.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's a wild and woolly version of Scotland the Brave -- I like it!

EyesToTheSkye said...

Bagpipes are pretty-sounding!

And you have an award waiting for you @ my blog. =]

Sarita Rucker said...

Oh wow, I get another award? Thanks!

Debra, I thought people would like it